My 2006 Jaguar X-Type fan stays on when car is off? Does anyone know where the fuse is for fan (if that is the issue) or the relay switch (if its the issue)?

Asked by Aug 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM about the 2006 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0L

2006 Jaguar X-Type

NO. it is supposed to run to cool the engine...as much as it can when high temperatures are involved...especially with the air conditioning...we don't wan't to melt the engine...this is intentional....now if it's stuck on for an hour we can see about a "quick-cool" setup....if this really makes you mad, but is in the best interest of the engine to dispense of the excessive heat....okay~?

You should maybe look at the translucent reservoir to see if your short on coolant...this lack of cooling ability may have started making this happen...perhaps a coolant flush and new hoses is in order~ your t-stat can become a restrictor if plain water had been used as a panic measure in the past and was not subsequently flushed out~

70

also make sure you have antifreeze in your car it causes the car to overheat and the fan will stay on longer.Sometimes it will even say high temperature.

25

Mine stays on for few seconds after its controled by ecm all is well unless it dont shut off@ all

25

No fuse for fan its wired to ecm & ecm relay switch engine control module

90

My 2006 2l v6 has the same problem. No leaks, coolant is not low; however fan never switches off. I unpluged the radiator fan and left it overnight. The next morning when i pluged it back in it started running whitout the ignition swhitched on. What coulf be the problem

90

Having the same problem now. Radiator fan stays even if car was parked overnight. As soon as i plug it back in without switching on the engine it starts running and wount swhitch off. How did you solve your problem

Hey guys I had this same issue however I had to disconnect the battery terminals to clear this issue. Now undertand before this happend I had replaced my ECM ( Engine Control Modual), in which ai had completely removed from my 04 jaguar xtype to protection wrap it. When I replaced the fan just kept running for like a good 45- to 50 minutes ans more likely still be running if I did not disonnect the terminals, then touch them together, wait about 20 minutes then have them reconnected. Connect the ground (-) first then the red (+) I hope this helps.