My 2005 jaguar x type with 41k on it makes a loud roaring sound between 2750-2900 rpm in all gears. Any ideas?

Asked by May 14, 2015 at 06:48 PM about the 2005 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0L

Will it do it sitting still? If so, a pro needs to look at it and see if the water pump, alternator, idler pulley or whatever is bad. One things for sure, you'll want to get it looked at very soon. Conversion-Kit-p/0410jagxj8cv.htm

It does not do it when parked

Before I made a move on anything, i'd try it again while sitting still. Put it in drive and power brake it. If you for sure can't make it do it while parked, it's probably gonna be a bearing in the transmission or rearend.

Would you go to a dealer or import specialist?

Btw, it's an AWD

As much as I hate to recommend it, I think you'd better off taking it to a Jag dealer. For something out of the ordinary, I think I would go with somebody who sees that vehicle allot.

Worn tires or bad wheel bearing can produce a roar? Can you pinpoint the location of the roar sound? Back of car, front, etc?

I originally thought it was the muffler or cat. Seems to be from front to middle

Hi Lisimone, I have a jaguar x type sovereign 2007 3.0 v6 manual 70k with the same issue although I would describe it as more like a cabin boom, did u manage to solve it? Fyi ive had the water pump changed recently, new front wheel bearings, new front driveshaft's, prop shaft center bearing, bottom ball joints newish conti's all round, rear shocks, all engine, gearbox and rear diff mounts and some other irrelevant stuff. Other symptoms think my transfer box is about to let go as I get bad clonking/knocking noise when power is engaged in any gear while driving or letting out the clutch