car making a loud sound from the back tire area

Asked by Mar 20, 2014 at 09:16 AM about the 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0

car makes loud sound,when you take off,and when you turn.PLEASE HELP

23,515

wow, another 21st century Jaguar question- that problem sounds bad, though you don't explain it well enough- I can help though! Get rid of that car before it takes all your savings- they don't look THAT good- hey, if its the leather you like, get a Toyota Corolla and have the seats done in leather- you'll still come out ahead- as for the current problem, maybe it's a CV joint and not the rear end- we can hope-

26,105

My first guess with the info provided is a bad wheel bearing. Is the sound only coming from one side also wheat does it sound like?

Hello Michael.YES,IT,IS ONLY COMING FROM THE BACK WHEEL AREA ON THE RIGHT SIDE,AND IT HAS A SOUND LIKE A HORN,SOUND,IT SEEMS LIKE IT ONLY DOES IT WHEN THE CAR WARMS UP.I KNOW THEY DIDN'T PUT GOOD TIRES ON IT WHEN I PURCHASED,IT AND WE ARE WORKING ON THAT.IF IT IS WHAT YOU SAID,IS THAT EXPENSIVE.PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANKS.SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

26,105

It looks like the bearing runs about $40. Here is a link to the Jag forum if your planning on doing this job your self. http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x350-x358-xj6-xj8-xjr-28/rear-wheel-bearing-need-bit-help-30957/

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank You,so much for,the INFORMATION.I sure HOPE,this.is the PROBLEM.I took it to the Dealers yesterday,and they did something,with the front wheel.I'm study telling them,it coming from the back area MY Husband said,it sounds like the CALIBAR,too Him.HOPEFULLY I WILL FIND OUT SOMETHING SOON.DO YOU HAVE A SHOP IN ARLINGTON,IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.