Speaker/Amplifier problems

Asked by Dec 03, 2009 at 08:46 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0

Hello All,
I recently purchased a 2002 X-type 3.0. I think that I am going to get to like it. Being a Beamerhead
for the past 25 years, I thought I would try a Jag.
However, the car had several problems, this is the story 2 of 2.

I have searched around the forums, you guys are sharp! Your posts have brought me almost up to speed on the
X- type in a very short time.

I’m hoping you can help me to solution this problem:

BACKGROUND: The car has a premium sound system (10 speakers - 4 tweeters, 5(?) bass and 1 subwoofer)
1.there is only output FROM the 4 tweeters in the doors
2.I have removed the factory installed radio/head unit. I found no amplifier and no apparent connection problem
3.I have looked in the boot/trunk above the CD changer and found no amplifier
4.Since all four of the door speakers are not playing, I did not remove them
5.There are two speakers mounted in the rear shelf, in an enclosure that aren’t playing.
6.I’m assuming that there’s one in front that is not playing.

Can you help identify the problem and the location of the amplifier?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike L.

I recently bought a 2002 X-Type with premium sound that had the exact same problem except that the rear shelf speakers did work. It turned out that all four door speakers were blown. I replaced them with after market speakers and the system sounds fantastic! I have been told that this is very common as the factory speakers are cheap (quality not price).

how did you remove the door panels

I currently own a 2005 Jaguar x-type, I really enjoy it. I currently came across the same issue with the speakers and the tweeters are the only ones working. I have an extended warranty on it so I will be taking it to the dealer next week and I'll let you know what the problem was.

I need help I have a 2004 Jaguar X-Type I can't find the wires for the back spaker I took the back seat the cover where the speakers go took everything out the trunk and can't find any wire any where why is that I took speakers out of a 2005 jaguar X-Type and out of 2002 Jaguar X-Type and I seen where the wires where but 2004 Jaguar X-Type nothing no wire's for the amplifier either their was the connector for the CD exchanger I got that working with no problem but No wires for back spaker help me I don't understand why theirs no wire's that are cut or looks out of place just no where to hook up back speakers or amp..