cant find where to put transmission fluid

Asked by May 30, 2014 at 07:32 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

Jag,Jag,Jag - oh they couldn't just give you a dip stick could they? Filler hole in tranny ;but' that's only the start because they have kind of a round about fill procedure to check the level after adding fluid. They were so proud that they advertised tranny fluid as life-time. You need a SHOP Manual to even consider attempting the Jag tranny.

Agreed, chass

I just knew you loved Jags.

Good ol' Tom and his ability to add extra info with his www knowledge. I'm a newbie on this www stuff. Hey I just learned 5 new things yesterday from Mark and danyoun, s___, can't find where I wrote them down.

ok- found them ,they are :) is smile ,;) is wink :( is sad ;[ is puzzled Lmao & lmao is laugh my a__ off (and I'm guessing L is a bigger laugh than l. ...How's that for www know how?

I own an XK8 too ...I changed the oil & filter pan assembly myself ...but I am a motor cycle mechanic ...but I will NEVER do it myself again. This is not a procedure that most people can accomplish. The filler hole is just above the bottom pan & filter assembly between the exhaust ...the oil must be hot & with in a certain temperature when measured as well. You ARE going to burn your hand on the exhaust!! I don't recommend you do this yourself ...take it to any tranny shop is a typical ZF tranny & most can do this for a reasonable price. I recommend you replace the filter pan assembly while your paying for tranny work. ...but it is a pain in the ass & if you get it wrong will not end well!