codes reads engine systems fault then gearbox fault

70

Asked by Dec 01, 2013 at 06:29 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

I really need help the codes reads:
1) engine systems fault
2) gearbox fault
I need help what do these codes mean

1,935

First off those are your Dash warning message not engine codes .This sounds like situation where water has leaked through the firewall and got the ECU and the TCM(transmission control module) wet .Best solution should be to dry the components out and waterproof the components and patching leaks from cabin air filter vents & the sunroof .Then check the codes out at local autopart store. the videos shows the steps : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY0SHHCl3DE If this does not fix your problem , check the cruise control , horn,relay , and other fuses and relays in both fuse boxes. If all fails Go to Jaguarforum.com they have alot of tips and solution good luck

60

I had the same problem, it was a throttle body issue, I changed the throttle no more issues.

30

ecm code on 2003 s type. battery and alternator are ok. i have to jump the car once a week. can you help?

I had this happen to me. I own a 2008 Jaguar X-Type. Driving along all of a sudden I get "GEAR BOX FAULT ", then Service Engine Light comes on, then riding sluggish. I knew somethign was wrong. I started to panick and think it was the transmission. A transmission on Jaguar I was told will be in the thousands. Took to Jaguar dealer. Thank God I had a very good mechanic. Nothing to panick over, what it was is : Water was getting inot Gear Box, and some wires got wet as well. Resealed Gear Box so no water will ever get in there and taped all wires leading into Gear box with waterproof tape. This was causing the car to react the way it did. Only cost me 200.00 bucks for labor. So happy it wasnt anything major and it didnt cost me a fortune. Make sure you bring to reputable dealer or mechanic so you don't get ripped off. They told me if I needed to replace that Gear Box, that would I was looking at a bill for at least a 1,000 dollars. Thank God it was just water damage to Gear Box and wires. Nancy

20

Hello I hit a major pot hole today on my Jaguar x type and the gear box fault came on and the car completely stopped but the lights stayed on but now the car won't start

Throttle body was the problem not gearbox fault

I'm all set on this. Thank you for responding. It was the computer. I had to replace the computer. Doesn't surprise me , the car is 10 years old with 170, 000 miles on it. Cost me 2,000 dollars. The good thing is, don't have to replace that for another 10 years. I can pass inspection to. I wasn't able to pass inspection sticker until I got that done. That's why the code reader was reading all these crazy codes. I was getting : CCM, oxygen sensors, cat convert. but all those were replaced except the compute itself. Now I know what CCM means, it means the computer needs to be replaced. All is good. Runs perfect and passed inspection. Even though it cost me a lot. Love not having a car payment that's why I hang on to this. Not ready for another car loan. Thank you for all the help offered on this.

Same problem as Guru9XNQW, hit a bad pothole dead Jag. It bent the rim on my right front wheel and I know that the computer sits right above it. There wasn't a Jag dealer nearby so I got towed to a general mechanic who said that the connections to the computer were corroded and I might need a new computer from the dealer. Of course I'm not looking to do that so what do you suggest? Is there a way that I can confirm that the computer is or isn't functional? I disconnected it from both ends- with a five-point star tool under the hood as well as the five color-coded plugs behind the glove box and didn't see any visible corrosion. Some lights turned off and on during that process. But I don't know what to do next to try to diagnose. Before I go through the trouble I've dealing with a busted computer I'd like to know if that is the problem or if it's something else.