codes reads engine systems fault then gearbox fault

70

Asked by Dec 01, 2013 at 06:29 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

I really need help the codes reads:
1) engine systems fault
2) gearbox fault
I need help what do these codes mean

1,835

First off those are your Dash warning message not engine codes .This sounds like situation where water has leaked through the firewall and got the ECU and the TCM(transmission control module) wet .Best solution should be to dry the components out and waterproof the components and patching leaks from cabin air filter vents & the sunroof .Then check the codes out at local autopart store. the videos shows the steps : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY0SHHCl3DE If this does not fix your problem , check the cruise control , horn,relay , and other fuses and relays in both fuse boxes. If all fails Go to Jaguarforum.com they have alot of tips and solution good luck

30

I had the same problem, it was a throttle body issue, I changed the throttle no more issues.

30

ecm code on 2003 s type. battery and alternator are ok. i have to jump the car once a week. can you help?

180

I had this happen to me. I own a 2008 Jaguar X-Type. Driving along all of a sudden I get "GEAR BOX FAULT ", then Service Engine Light comes on, then riding sluggish. I knew somethign was wrong. I started to panick and think it was the transmission. A transmission on Jaguar I was told will be in the thousands. Took to Jaguar dealer. Thank God I had a very good mechanic. Nothing to panick over, what it was is : Water was getting inot Gear Box, and some wires got wet as well. Resealed Gear Box so no water will ever get in there and taped all wires leading into Gear box with waterproof tape. This was causing the car to react the way it did. Only cost me 200.00 bucks for labor. So happy it wasnt anything major and it didnt cost me a fortune. Make sure you bring to reputable dealer or mechanic so you don't get ripped off. They told me if I needed to replace that Gear Box, that would I was looking at a bill for at least a 1,000 dollars. Thank God it was just water damage to Gear Box and wires. Nancy