2002 type x jaguar is only blowing hot air even with ac on

Asked by Aug 20, 2012 at 05:52 AM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

I recently had to get a new battery and that took almost 3 days to get one to where I live.   Then I had to replace the Coolant Resevior Tank and get a new Housing Thermostat.   Now all I get is Hot Air Blowing out even with the AC on.   Also my radio control area is asking for a code of some sort?  not sure what that is about.  No way can I afford a mechanic and there isn't one where I live any way.  PLEASE  HELP!!!!!

262,095

I'll help as much as I can. Since you changed the battery it cleared the radio presets/defualt mode. It needs the original radio code to work. Check your owners manual for operation and instructions. Sounds like you lost the code or bought the car used, but it can be found sometimes in the glove box area or you can remove the screws to drop the radio forward. On the bottom of radio there might be a sticker saying service replacement along with the correct code. If you can't find it in the car, you will need to call the dealer and have your VIN number ready and they can help you. The AC issue can be a faulty Dual Climate Control Valve or your low on refridgerant. This is something I can't diagnose over this forum, best to have someone with the proper tools take a look at it.

155

I recently had my AC fixed. My dual climate CV was shorted out, and there's a electric panel behind the glove box with essential chips for the AC that were fried. Replaced the fried wire and the Dual Climate CV and now I'm all good, wouldn't hurt to get a recharge afterwards either, if needed.