Electrical Problems X-Type 2002

10

Asked by Jul 12, 2011 at 04:40 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

My scenario is:  When the vehicle is cold, the engine "shivers" and when you put it into drive the thing barely moves.  When it warms up, it is fine.  The dealer said it needed a software upgrade, which we did.  This has not fixed the problem.  
Now the vehicle has the following symptoms:  the air con goes off, then comes back on in a surging motion.  The ABS and Brake light come on.  Sometimes the display says there is a transmission fault and sometimes the entire dash display (rev counter, speedo, fuel guage and temp guage) all go "dead".  The vehicle does not want to move, but does very slowly.  I have replaced the battery twice, the alternator twice.  The positive cable to the battery seems to get very hot.  Can anyone help with this???  Greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a bad PCM. I would suspect a leaking or burst capacitor.

10

Thank You! I will try but of these and see what happens...

60

I have a 2002 Jaguar -type and I am currently having the EXACT same problems. What the hell did you d to fix it? Anyone out there know??

I would look at all the ground connections and fuses For corrosion especially from battery to body connection engine ground

CHECK OUT BATTERY CONNECTIONS, ATTEMPTED TO START BUT YOU HEARD IT ROLL OVER,THOUGHT IT WAS THE STARTER BUT MY BATTERY CONNECTION WAS BAD HAD TO CHANGE BATTERY END,BLOWER CAME ON AND I also thought it could be alarm issue but wasnt