transmission swap whats the easiest way to convert from auto to std?

Asked by Dec 18, 2007 at 08:45 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr Euro Sedan

i have a 1991 lumina 3.1 4 spd auto and what to make it a 5 spd standard so i want to know will a 2.8 5 speed transmission bolt up to a 3.1? Or if anyone else knows any easier way to do it let me know?

There is really no easy way to do this. I'm not even sure it would work at all, to be honest with you. The 2.8 5-speed should bolt up but you'll be doing a lot of cutting, etc., to get it into the floor pan, etc. I'd consider just getting another vehicle with a standard shift if that's what you need.

Point Littlehorn is making... you must hang a clutch pedal... NOT just bolt the tranny in!

Hey I have a 94 lumina I'm trying to speed up a little. If you guys have tips etc let me know. I asked a question about engine swaps too if anyone has an answer