Brake/Hazard light not working, all other lights work

Asked by Jun 19, 2017 at 06:43 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Lumina 2 Dr STD Coupe

Ok so I just got this car, it has no brake lights but
all other lights work fine. I have changed the brake
switch, turn signal switch and flashers. I checked
all the fuses and bulbs but found them all working
properly. Is there another switch/relay/fuse I am
missing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance

98 Chevy Lumina Brake lights not coming on. Ok, I have had this problem. To make this repair enjoyable a little humor is added. Believe it or not, it is in the steering column..It is your blinker assembly circuit in which the two pc boards on top of each other, have come apart, due to shotty retaining clips (factory defect in my opinion). You can replace the whole assembly which may cost you over a $100 clams, and a whole lot of fishing out old wires through the steering column. And then, trying to fish the new ones in is a grueling event. Ya, After being up side down in your car for hours and hours in a fetal position with your head lodged somewhere between the pedal and the brake(better to just shoot it & bury it Lol). If your considering taking it in, I hope you have a car part warranty protection. Some dealerships have a 7-8 hr. repair time estimate. $$$. Or+++ Use a good durable tie strap to hold those two circuit boards together in the right place+++. Disassembly Important :1st Disconnect battery cable from accidentally preventing your air bag from going off. (Not your wife. lol) You'll need the puller to remove the steering wheel from the column. If I remember correctly there were 1 or 2 inner C like clips you have to remove. A manual or disassembly instructions should help. I winged it Ok once you get to blinker assembly boards, you'll notice one shifts while the other one doesn't move at all (Marriage). Now look for the the area where the two boards aren't being held as close to each other as the other areas are. This is where the worn retaining clip is. Now, not in the exact area, but near there is where I used a high quality tie strap around the 2 donut like boards. I made sure not to over tighten it, so that when the one board shifted, there would still be enough room for the board to slide under the tie strap. Now you might ask; "how long will this last". Well, providing you found a good place to wrap the tie strap so that it doesn't bind or break the boards, and close enough so they connect, I would say, probably longer than that shotty one sided retaining clip. Heck, its worked for 10 years+ and this article was written in 2017 So now thats over, A Joke. What happens when you play a country record backwards? Your wife comes back home, Your old pickup truck starts running, And your dog comes back to life. Shezzadogtoo. bennyhill6028@gmail.com

I found the problem, it was a disconnected wire behind the fuse box.