Fuel is spraying at the TBIs strait towards front of motor when starting

5

Asked by Apr 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

LT1 350 /rebuilt TBIs, new fuel filter, fuel pump, started right up rough, then wont start, opened up air filter and found gas, then when starting it up, gas squirting all over at TBI...what now?

94,905

Sounds like the sealing O-rings are either missing or damaged. See pic.

5

those were in kit and I did replace all of them not sure which failed

5

honestly till this past week I had never rebuilt injectors, only carbs. Well it went pretty easily , followed expert video (after reviewing many) and only think one possibility is the issue. One of the injectors didn't POP when it went into the body to seat the O Rings. Could that be it?

94,905

Possibly, your still going to have to remove the one that is leaking and see if the O-ring are cut or nicked.

94,905

And when you do put back together you can use WD40. Do not use silicone lube, it will foul out your O2 sensors. HTH

5

question//took it all back apart on top, injector out, did seem it was not fully seated down, but noticed in my rebuild kit 2 gold washers same size as big O rings...what are those for?

5

ok found the gasket was above the big O rings and that was backwards, when put it back in it was perfect, ran like a TOP. THanks a MILLION...now I can sell it, since I am moving

94,905

Great, sometimes you just gotta go back and recheck things.

5

car sold for 700 cash within 2 hours on facebook buy sell n trade in our town :) awesome thanks again, geez it ran so good it sounded great

94,905

Excellent, glad it worked out without a lot of hassle. I had similar quick sale on local Craigslist, put it in 30 minutes later got a call, they came out, looked it over, drove it and bought it done deal and the very once in a while I will still see it running around town. glad I could help.