my 1991 caprice takes R12 refridgerant. can I get it recharged? If not, what should i do?

Asked by Feb 09, 2014 at 05:14 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan RWD

No but you can get The adapters to change it over to the newer refrigerant. For about $10. Then go to an ac tech and have them pull a vacuum to test your system. Then they will add the new stuff if it all tests good. My guy only charges $50 to do this.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Yes if you know someone who will do it. I changed my older vehicle over without any issues except it does not cool as fast or get as cold. At low speeds it gets warm inside the vehicle. On long drives or freeway speeds, no matter what the temp is outside, 110 to 114 degrees across the desert it runs comfortable.