2001 Chrysler Town and Country liftgate won't open or close with remote or button inside. Makes opening noise and beeps, but, won't open. Also con't open manually unless with key.

150

Asked by Feb 06, 2013 at 03:39 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LXi

Side sliding doors also won't close with button but will with remote and will open and close with button in
front.

Main power to lift gate motor or the lift gate motor has gone out to lunch. Need to get in there with an electrical tester to tell which.

150

Thank you, what about the side doors not closing with the passenger buttons. Is that a totally separate issue?

You are talking about the electrical lock master control panel on your left hand? none of the windows work, is what you're telling me? not sure what "the passenger buttons" means~ not closing? what are they supposed to be hydraulic, like a disabled lift of sorts??

I'd take a look at your fuse bank to look for a burnout-, then at least we'd know where the gremlin is hiding.

hopefully it's as easy as "someone dropped a penny in the lighter socket", or spilled my mocha on the pushbutton assembly, not wires...wires...bout to drive me mad.

150

I'm talking about the rear sliding doors that open and close with buttons on each side. They open and close with the remote and with the buttons in the front control area, but, not with the buttons in the rear on either side. There don't appear to be any fuse problems. I'm sure I'll have to have it looked at since the problems seem to be growing. First it was just the liftgate not opening automatically and then only with the key and now the side doors. Thanks

a gremlin causing random things to go bad. I'd think NEGATIVE...negative ground. Be sure the negative ground cable from the battery goes to the chassis and to the engine, and that these connections are SOLID! that'd be all I ask of you!

while you're out there, the battery emits a cloud of acid poof and the connections are first in line to be disintegrated, Electricity gets slowed down by corrosion creating a "brownout" with solid state electronics and making bright bulbs go yellow. Be sure terminals are clean, train a hose on it to wash it clean we need to get CLEAN power thru there!

now I'm starting to think BCM (body control module) has many functions, making the window sound like it's going down is probably one of them.

the replacement video looks horrible~ keep searchin' pretty sure this is the thing, now~

http://www.automotix.net/usedautoparts/2001-chrysler-town_country- chassis_computer-product-g63292799i.html? gclid=CLqjl76H9rYCFbNzMgodV3cAmA ....well this is it, hate to blame computers for their apparently not being able to count to one correctly, but I digresse~ have someone help you with it. can post the installation, but looked like seven planes of hell~

8,565

turn them on by flipping on switch in overhead console. child saftey