2001 chrysler town amd country van

Asked by Jan 19, 2016 at 12:10 AM about the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX

Our van keeps overheating after going 30+ miles. We've put anti freeze n water n found out there was a leak. We put some engine leak stop n still same thing. Smoke always comes out from hood everytime we use it. What could it be.

72,415

Smoke coming out from under the hood should be easy to see where it is coming from. Just look. Must be a hose.

Best Answer
22,745

"engine stop leak" never fixes anything- you will have to have the leak repaired-

How do we find where the leak is at it what hose is it?

72,415

Make sure it is full. Start it up and let it run for awhile until you see where it is coming from. Look for wet spots, pools of anti-freeze, is bad as this sounds it should be easy to spot. You might even see where it is leaking by just looking under the hood.

72,415

Your sounding like you need to get someone to look at this. Or if there is a close by garage to take it too.

965

ok could it be steam from under the hood ? ive owned many of these and most of them had a leak somewher , just keep putting coolant into it till it uses too much or overheats , then it gets looked at ... sounds like you are right about there where u gotta do sompin