Overheating issues

55

Asked by Sep 23, 2007 at 03:26 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX

My vehicle's water gauge topped out. I changed the thermostat, radiator cap, drained, flushed, and filled the system. I checked the belt and hoses and they were fine. I ran the vehicle for 20 minutes or so, and the gauge topped out again. I checked the upper hose, it was hot. I checked the fans and they were running. What is the problem?

1,095

check for blown head gasket (compresion test)

4,835

The head gasket is about all that could be left...

55

I appreciate everyones speedy response. However, it was the water pump.

90

Did our water pump make noice. I have replaced all the hoses, the thermostat, the thermostat housing and still overheats. I just don't get it. Everyone has told me that it can't be a water pump because it's not making any noice.I really need some advise please help

90

this is exactly what my car is doing. I have spend the last three weeks trying everything. The only thing I haven't done is replace the cap but I am tomorrow and havent done anything with water pump yet, but it's not making any noice..

135

Mine did this and the problem was the radiator itself. I hope you got your problem fixed before you ruined the engine (like I did!)

60

The water pump does not cause overheating problems unless is leaking all the water out?

90

I replaced a hose the thermostat and flushed the radiator this summer. Car still is leaking out radiator fluid from overflow side. Went to autozone to buy fluid they said ur van takes a special kind of fluid. It isn't green it is orange. Even overflow cap warns of need for special type of fluid! He put it in and put a whole jug of water in too. They said the buring rubber smell and smoke are coming from the engine oil leaking! Drove the car that night radiator smelled worse and left side steam or smoke poured out heavily! Didnt make it home in 1 degree weather with no heat by the way and thermostat rose again like this summer when it went! The temp usually didnt go up since this summer when thermosatat was replaced. Why also do we not get heat on both sides and only get it when antifreeze is first poured in before it leaks out? Is this engine related dud to severe oil leak in back of engine underneath? Head gasket, engine, radiator, water pump or iheater core issues or all of the above?

90

Sounds like the Radiator is the problem.

220

Question.... 2005 Chrysler Town and Country .... my Guage marks to the middle.. which I'm thinking it's okay... but when I turn my van off, I hear loud water bubbling... I open the hood and can see the the water reservoir almost top off bubbling.. My fans are are working. I know this is not normal. Anyone have and suggestions

30

I have a 98 town and country, replaced the radiator, was doing just fine, I run it every night for our paper routes, recently the temp gage spiked then went back to normal. It started to steam very bad and bubble on the side the reserve is on, even thought it's steaming and boiling temp Gage is normal, started noticing a noise by the serpentine belt, any ideas???

WOW ALL THESE PEOPLE AND NOONE CAN TELL YOU ITS THE HEATER COIL!!!

10

i have a 2008 grand caravan for those who are over heating problems check the y pipe over the manifold it is made of plastic and it cracks check on youtube it shows you how to repair this problem for about $5.00