chrysler town and country that revs down while going down the road

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 05:12 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country EX

I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country van, recently, it has been revving down and decelerating while driving.. The other day while my wife was on her way to pick me up from work, the van just died, leaving her stranded on the side of the road.. Since then we have had it towed to our house.. Thinking it was the fuel pump, i went outside to see if i could hear the fuel pump kick on.. I turned the key in the ignition, and heard the fuel pump kick on... I ruled the fuel pump out, I then took a screwdriver and pushed in the fuel rely, and gasoline came out in a steady strem, ruling out that the motor wasnt getting fuel from the fuel pump.. I was recently told from an "expert" at a repair shop that it could be the "BCM" I have no clue what the acronym is but i was told that BCM is the "brain" of the whole vans electical power.. If that is the case, then what is the price range to get the "brain" functional so the van will be running again???

get your OBD-II codes read....might save us some money on replacing stuff that's still okay~

BCM = body control module, responsible for dimming the lights....leaving them on for a spell after you leave the car...lighting control basically~

before you replace anything get a new battery....for chrissakes that bad boy has done his time now...get a good one like interstate....they are not made from LEAD anymore, but a tin/antimony alloy....and only last about five years before they stop taking a charge and cause the Alternator to do double-duty~....so get a new battery, and clean the end of the black cable that attaches to the frame free of corrosion with a coarse wirebrush...assure metal to metal is happy with 300 cold cranking amps and bolt it together~

the BCM's do not go bad by themselves, but will act funny if provided BAD ground, varying amperages available and varying voltages (caused by the crud 'welding the lug' associated with pulling thru such high amperage through a single spot....co-incidentally the same spot what provides the teeny-weeny requirement of the BCM, and the ECU...just a little to push those ones and zeroes through....

I have a 2009 Town Country Caravan white smoke and fuel is coming out the exhaust now I took it to the shop they clean the fuel injectors and is tellingthe to a still misfiring and the shop is telling me I need a new computer is that true