i noticed today whe i tried to start my camaro the engine didn't carnk or turn but it just mad a roar and started right up i started it later, instead of a roar it tunedover and made a grinding noise

Asked by Jun 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

92,535

Starter is going bad. change it quick before it ruins your ring gear or flex plate depending on what tranny you have.

do you have any idea how much that would cost and how long I have to do it

92,535

Starter range from 45 to 150 bucks, I don't know what engine you have so it' a ball park figure. But do it quick, if you knock off a tooth then you'll have to pull the tranny to fix it.

I just got the tranny rebuilt got the car back yesterday and I have a 305 v8 5.0 tpi

92,535

Autozone 85 to 100 bucks take your old one in as there will be a core charge.

ok thank you but also the car doesn't do this every time I start it I think it only will happen when it is cold because it will happen then I drive turn it off and it starts right back up with no problems

33,615

You just got it back from the trans being put in? if that's the case then they probably didn't shim the starter properly.