HELLO MY 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY IS BLOWING AIR BUT NOT COLD WHEN THE AIR IS ON CAN IT BE ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES THE COMPRESSOR

Asked by May 05, 2014 at 10:06 AM about the 2007 Toyota Camry LE

MY AIR CONDITION NO WORKIN

33,625

It's usually the compressor or you have lost your charge. If you have it fully charged with gas, then I would say your compressor has failed. It's always a good idea to take it to someone who specializes in A/C units. Very hard to figure out unless you have all the right gadgets.

190

Hi, I am having the same issued with my Toyota Camry. Besides the A/C I am also having problems with the speedometer and the other 2 gadgets shown on board. I need help!

33,625

Patricia, what year Camry do you own? Is the car starting to shift erratically also?

190

Hi, I own a 2007 Toyota Camry. I don't understand what you mean with stating erratically.... I am driving and suddenly the gauges for speed, revolution and temp stop working because the breake and ABS lights are on...

33,625

Usually when your speedometer stops working in conjunction with your RMP's, the car will not shift correctly. The cars computer shifts in accordance with the cars speed and engine RPM's. If it hasn't started acting up, it may soon. As far as your brake lights being on, there is usually a brake problem like your pads are completely gone, or you are very low on brake fluid. You may also have a problem with your ABS system. Could be just a bad sensor or corroded wire. Most of the time when your entire gauge cluster is malfunctioning, the fix is to generally replace the entire cluster.

340

My Toyota Camry 2007 aircond does not blowing cold air when caught in traffic jam. It works well when the car is moving. What is the possible root cause. Thanks

33,625

Could be low on coolant, or you may have a loose belt. If the air blows well at high speeds only, and not at all at idle, it sounds like a belt may be loose.

33,625

Does your A/C button light flash when it kicks off?

230

no...

33,625

Check your belts. You must have either a loose belt or you are low on coolant.

230

belt is ok .. even cooling also great .. but cant get what exactly it needs

33,625

The only other thing is that it's low on R134a the gas used to cool the system. You may be low a pound or so. You can buy a refill can at Autozone. Try and fill it yourself, or bring it to the shop and have them do it.

230

toyota camry 2007.. when ac is on .. it works well .. sudden stop cooling..after off and on .. it works again .. what is its problm ??

120

I need help... Ac blows cold on one side which is the passenger side, I've been hearing different things... Can some one point me in the right direction.

33,625

Sounds like you have a blend door issue. Not sure what kind of vehicle you own, but it may be electronically controlled. No matter, you will have to tear into the dash and see what going on. Could be something like a pen fell down the dash vents or an electrical component could be bad.

80

I have a 2007 Camry. SOMETIMES my air will NOT blow at ALL. it does not depend on outside temperature, or speed... Sometimes it works fine (and blows nice ice cold air) and sometimes it doesn't blow at all. Usually what happens is, when I start the car, the AC doesn't work, but might kick in later. It has never STOPPED blowing while running. So it's always at start of vehicle. Usually. it is not more than 1 or 2 days in a row... One odd indicator I noticed is, that when I turn the air OFF completely, the button (with light) can stay on... Usually, when the AC works fine, and you turn the Lo/High air to OFF, the light will go out. But when it is in this non-blowing mode, the light stays on, and I am able to press it to turn it on or off while while in OFF mode... I cannot do this when the AC is working fine. All buttons on the 3 knobs work. It has been doing this for a while... very intermittent... but today, it just feels more, because it is 102 outside.

33,625

It's not an A/C issue but rather it's your blower motor. Next time it does not come on, rap on the bottom of the blower motor with a heavy ratchet. Do this with the switches in the ON position. Blower motor is located under the glove box. If motor comes to life while rapping on it, it's time for a replacement.

30

I have a 2007 Camry I turn the nobs for air and nothing works no sound and air. I took it to a mechanic and said it might be a/c amplifier is this true.

I have extremely similar problem. (Haven't noticed if lights mis- behave.) But fan either runs or it doesn't. Heat or A/C work, as evidenced by air that drafts through vents while car is moving. Will try "rap-starting" fan, now that I know where it is.

60

Hi I have a 2006 Camry le and the Ac will turn itself off after working for a few minutes then blow warm air and the light on the Ac knob will blink what's the problem?

33,625

Katelyn, may be low on gas. Most auto stores sell the do it yourself cans to refill it on your own. https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Wn0C9jPOAAQ

20

Hi, I have a 2010 Canry and my air blows but not as good as it use to. The air doesn't get cold in extremely hot temperatures and does not blow as hard. At night the Ac works fine and gets cold. Same with the heater, the heater works fine but once idle the heat blows cold. When i start back driving the heater gets hot again. Please help

33,625

Nikkignd, head to your local garage and get your A/C serviced with gas. You are most likely low. As for the heat, you are probably low on coolant. If coolant if full, it may be time for a new thermostat.

5

92 Camry my ac blows air not really cold looked under hood both fans are not blowing. Checked fuses all good and car overheats because of the fan. Unplugged switch at radiator both came on what's the biz.

10

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry and the abs light, brake light and occasionally the battery light was coming on. I replaced my not even a year old alternator and the lights quit coming on. The voltage regulator in the alternator was overcharging battery causing the lights to come on and battery to smoke. My air is now blowing hot, but the compressor is working. When I put the gauge on it that you use to put in refrigerant it goes into the red saying it may be a mechanical problem. I really can't afford to fork out a lot of money on this.

10

To some of you with the 2007 Toyota Camry if it air blows, but not as hard as it use to it could be cabin air filter behind the glove box. Mine barely blew for over a year when I read in my book that the problem could be that air filter. I dropped glove box, and behind it there is cover that you press on both sides to open. Once you pull out air filter out you will see if it is dirty and needs replacing, but you can turn your air on and see if that helped it blow harder. Go to auto parts store and get a new one for $20.00. Don't run air without one because it could harm compressor.

33,625

Ashley, your condenser my be plugged. Unfortunately, diagnosing A/C issues is not an easy or inexpensive task. Here is a short video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5xfVyb_p9A Have you noticed if the air becomes cooler if the car is moving down the interstate? If the air becomes cooler the faster you go, that means one of your fans in the front has stopped working.