I have a 1990 Chevy Silverado with TBI fuel injection one injector is spraying good the other is spiting I rebuilt the throttle body and put in new injectors still have the same problem anyone have an

135

Asked by Oct 04, 2014 at 12:19 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Scottsdale LB 4WD

The motor is ideling bad and don't have
much power

113,715

Try switching the connectors to see if the problem changes injectors, if it does you could have high resistance in the injector wiring or the injector driver is starting to fail in the ECM. If it stays the same then you may have missed some crud when you overhauled the throttle body and it is restricting the fuel flow to that injector.

135

Well it was already spiting with the old injector ? The wires don't reach to swap them as they are but I can pull them away from throttle and make them reach so I will try that . one person said each injector has its own chip in ECM and one could be going bad does anyone know ?

113,715

Yes that is correct they each have their own driver, that is why you need to check for resistance in the injection wiring, if you have a resistance short and just went ahead and replaced your ECM it would work for a while then it would fail. I just had a toyota with a restance problem that I wrote up in My Garage. It was a real mess to get fixed.

135

OK thanks for the help tennisshoes

IT Mine be the MAP Sensor

10

My 1990 Chevy truck I step on the gas n is just like the gas get cut but I'll let go the pedal n step again n runs good I change everything n stills dos the same thing can some one help me

I have the same problem with my 89 it's the clips that go on to the throttle body fuel injector check to see if one of them is loose also check the wiring from there to the power supply