I have a problem with break lights it would blow fuses once in a grate while now brake lights won't turn of there was smoke coming from steering colum by the turning signals

Asked by Dec 05, 2013 at 02:28 AM about the 1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 RWD

It started blowing fuses then one of those times smoke came from one of the groves on
the stering colum by my tuning signals I ran to diconect my battery the checked it out for
a min well the switch under the break petal was hot so pull it down and my break wires
were melted together what I need to know is where did this start in the tuning signals or
at the break switch on the break petal

none of above, a short in the tail globe socket or around this area, as the bright filament in rear globe is also the bright glow for turn signal, a short in this line will back up heat all the way to the source , hence your switch, and you may have a too high fuse for protection to heat the wires that much, now you may need a switch after finding the short