my 92 chevy 1500 ext. 4x4 will not even turn over no clicking ..absolutely nothing. checked wires to starter and replaced coil. when i try to jumpstart it volts show norm.

Asked by Aug 17, 2013 at 04:30 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Standard Cab SB

won't even try to turn over completely dead at ignition

...yes but you did not clean the 1/0awg black battery cable attachment to the chassis/ground....this one will actually "weld" itself with each use...clobber up with corrosion and cause reduced amperage and varying voltages...wirebrush that puppy up till shiny, re-attach the lug and you'll be good to go (with a brand NEW battery)~

435

If your truck is like mine a 1996 k-1500 vortec 5.7 the negative lead to your battery is mounted to the frame,so folloow it to that point.That area where it is mounted HAS,HAS,HAS,got to be clean.I mean clean,to bare metal if possible.That area is very picky,and seems to effect alot of these trucks.After you do that and still have problem,just step back and think about what you said in your question.You mentioned that ""YOU SHOWED VOLTS WHEN JUMPSTARTED"".I would think about,bad connections,battery cables are corroded inside insulation,dead battery,or your alternator is bad and ran your battery down.LIKE i said just THINK about your situation and Iam sure you will find it and come out on top.GOOD LUCK!!!