I have a 94 Chevy 1500 and it wouldnt go into 2nd. I can let off the gas and it will go into 3rd and fine after that. I went ahead and replaced the 1-2, 3-4 solenoids. Still didn't fix it..

Asked by May 03, 2015 at 04:25 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Extended Cab SB 4WD

The clips on the plugs that go into the
solenoids are broke. Can this be the
problem?

7,320

Does it have a service code stored?

7,320

Does your speedometer work?

7,320

Googling your year make model symptoms etc can lead you to sites containing technical bulletins or recalls. You can call your dealer about your symptoms and how the research matches up. guessing and throwing parts around can be expensive. too many ways for a trans to be affected. system prechecks are a must. inspections and simple stuff, sensors, fuses, relays, etc. Read your service code and report please.

7,320

theres a 1-2 a 2-3, and a tcc solenoid, right? the first 2 are new already but you havent read the code? research can lead to a transmission, a case, a sensor, and wiring. we need all the symptoms and tests are recommended in the right order. you can get the book at the library or on their automotive database. There's too much info unverified to be fixing this area of "some concerns" I think.

16,895

Niether solenoid going bad causes loss of second. If you can't even manually select it with the shifter you have a trans problem. Assuming you have no codes stored for the tps or vss

7,320

Or damaged wiring , being the age it is.

The codes I got were a 22 (tps) and an (Egr) code. I replaced the tps sensor and it still didnt help. I am able to manully select 2nd gear and it works fine.

7,320

Did you do the system prechecks, component inspections, connector inspections, and look the wiring over as it goes to and from each component? did you run a test on each sensor's output and each sensor's power and ground ? did you check for bulletins and recalls that pertain to powertrain, sensors and wiring ? If you cannot do these, then you need a professional, an experienced person, or the GM dealer to get this fixed at mimimal cost. Throwing parts at it is not how the diagnostic is laid out. There are internet sources that give numerous plausible and implausible "stories". Maybe one is accurate and took every step. The others were temperature sensitive for exhibiting the symptom. So, people guess, they report that fixed it, then they find, they were fooling themselves and strayed from the diagnostic and ended up with less money, new parts or repairs, and the problem reccurs. This is why your GM service department is there for you. Other shops can also help, but you need somebody who has fixed them and knows. Those should be what you ask. Or, you must research, get the service manual, and do what the tech would do. Get your recalls and bulletins from an auto database, or call dealer service departments for suggestions and clues if you cannot drive it, or cannot tow it.

7,320

Another note about codes, you may or may not receive a code. You may intermittantly be able to store and retrieve a code. In those cases, the concern can be something that was done to yours alone, or happens after yours has been on the road for extended number of years, or circumstances that are found during testing.