Parking Lights keep blowing 94 k1500

435

Asked by Mar 22, 2015 at 08:45 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Extended Cab 4WD

I have a 94 Chevy k1500, and my parking light fuse keeps blowing when ever i turn the
parking lights on, headlights work fine, I changed the switch, checked bulb sockets
everywhere except cluster. sometimes they will be on for and hour or immediately the fuse
will blow, anyone have any ideas?

20,065

Some where after the fuse box there is a wire that has rubbed bare exposing a wire and it is shorting out the fuse. Try tracing the wires as far as you can see. Anywhere they pass through a clip to hold the wire, that is a place to check the wires. If you can get to all the lights, made sure the wire is not touching anything. Try removing all the bulbs, and see if the fuse still blows. If not, put in the bulbs one at a time until the fuse blows. That is the bulb or connection you need to look very closely at. Time consuming, but if you ever want to park the truck at night, find the problem.

435

i already checked all the bulbs sockets jiggled the wires on all the lights outside when i had them on in my driveway i shut the driver door and they blew, so i'm figuring the short might be around there I'm gonna follow it better tomorrow.

435

Wait Correction I double checked the turn signal front passenger side and it has was causing a short, it turned out to be the bulb.

20,065

Glad you got it fixed. Happy turning.

10

I have the same truck same problem I removed all the bulbs but it keeps blowing the Fuse.

20,065

See the above answer. Remove all the bulbs and replace them one at a tome. First check and make sure all the bulbs work.

20

I have the same situation except its the parking lmp fuse which blows the dash light and i cant see my gauges. Replace fuse and will work sometimes blows after turn signal used but all brake/turning bulbs are working fine

10

My truck the fuse blows immediately even when the lights are not on. I unplugged the turn signal harness near the brake pedal lower steering column. I put a new fuse and it didn't blow. So I changed my turn signal switch. Problem solved!!. Note. My brake lights and turn signals was working only my running lights did not and immediately blew my fuse even when lights were off.

Gmc need a recall, all the new cars have the same problem. Everyone should contract the FTC. IT ONLY TAKE 7 PEOPLLE TO BECOME A ACTIVE RECALL