I need help bad. My truck us a Chevy 1500 1995 and if I drive about 30 miles or so and hit a red light and go to hit the gas. I'll have the peddle to the floor and it will start off slow then out of no where kick in and speed up. And if I'm going down the high way and the cruise control is on and I'm going up a hill it will do that. Throttle slow then kick in and speed up. Also when I go to slow down pulling in some where the truck sounds like its about to shut off then comes back to normal. What wrong with it?

20

Asked by Jul 06, 2012 at 12:32 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Cheyenne LB RWD

Ppl say it is my throttle body or my filter on my fuel pump or its
I have no back pressure and my o2 senser is messed up since
its straight pipe no cat converter. What is it.

286,005

Do you have any lights on the dash? Scan for codes? I'd say clean the throttle body, and IAC. Check the throttle cable and cruise cable and where it attaches to the throttle body for binding. Then look at the Throttle position sensor as it might be giving the PCM the wrong input.

21,525

I'll add vacuum leaks to the list, your throttle body system uses the MAP sensor as a vital part of determining fuel delivery. The O2 sensor isnt that vital for the PCM in this setup. Also maybe the MAP is faulty.

20

Ya my check engine light will come on and go off at times

21,525

Pull the codes on the truck. There is 2 wires to jump on the connector and the check engine light will flash in specific patterns to tell u codes. I dont know which terminals to jump but gonna look them up.

21,525

Jump the top right terminal with the one to it's left with the key off. Turn it to the ON position with the jumper in place and the check engine light will flash. Tell me how it flashes. Should be a sieries of long flashes followed by short ones. Example code 12 is 1 long flash and 2 short ones.

165

EGR valves shit that happend to my truck. it exhuast gas regulator valve

145

EGR VALVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine did that then made a popping noise and would only get up and go if i let off the edal then hit it again.

20

Mines the same problem change egr valve and the silonoed to the egr plus a tune up and fuel filter still doing it over 3000 rpms and kinda slow take off

Check wiring harness

Help me 95chevytwo second delay is not working where is that so I can fix it help please I'm broke now cause of it