95 Chevy PU front end shakes when brakes are applied, what would cause this?

Asked by Nov 06, 2008 at 10:00 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Standard Cab Stepside SB

When I apply the brakes the whole front end shakes, when brakes are applied hard it doesn't. Could the roaters be warped?

7,555

It could be, but it could be several other things... Best option is just to take it to a trusted mechanic to have them look at it.

35

Rotors may be warped. Also have you truck aligned. it may be out fo spec and you might have some worn out suspension parts.

145

typicall that would be an issue with your rotors if ur short on funds you might be able to have a shop "turn" your rotors, but i would just go out and get new pads and rotors

255

Yup, rotors are warped.

40

could be rotors warped, could be drag link worn allowing wheels to wobble, could be upper a arm bushings allowing a arm to wobble, , could be tie rod ends worn and allowing wheels to wobble, could be wheels out of balance. and check toe in out . I got same problem and replace tie rods, rotor, drag link, idle arm, new tires and balanced, and still have problem

135

cant turn warped rotars so buy new ones

11,425

Altonee has the best response. Going to a trusted honest mechanic will solve the problem, and not cost an arm and leg to replace parts not needing replacing yet. Your problem indicates the rotors are warped, and new ones are in order. You also may have wheel bearings wearing out or depending on your driving habits or choice of roadways traveled over the past 8 years, it could be several things that wear out in 8+ years of driving. Start with the breaks, check the wheel bearings, tire balance and alignment next. Tires also could be causing an issue.

My 95 305 PU is rich on start up and high idle when warmed up.

And i can hear a howl noise between warming up that i have never heard in 10 years???

11,425

You may have a hole or worn hose or a lose or worn connector in your EFI system. That is why it is running rich and also the noise may be air being sucked in. If you can't find it by using your hands to run over the hoses in the EFI system or narrow down the area of the sucking noise, have either a good mechanic friend look at it or take it to a shop that deals with your fuel system. I mean someone that know what their doing to save you a lot of money in the long run. Also if you can, have the codes checked to see if it can isolate the problem to what system you're looking at.