Tai lights won't work on my truck. Any ideas?

Asked by Sep 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Cheyenne Extended Cab Stepside SB 4WD

I have a 1995 Chevrolet c2500 truck. The headlights, turn signals and brakes work fine
but the park lights and tail lights and dash lights won't work.  The signal indicator light,
check engine and bright light indicator all work. I installed a new switch thinking that was
the cause but it didn't fix the issue. I thought I heard a pop noise when I started it one day
but didn't think twice about it. Trailer lights don't work and brake controller indicates that
they are not connected but when you tap on the brakes or use the turn signal, they work
fine. I'm stumped.

11,855

Check the fuses. Then check to see if you have power from the electrical line coming to the lights. Is there a common ground that is in need of cleaning or fixing/reattaching? At times the trailer hitch is what causes the problems due to corrosion on the pins or ground wires. If you can disconnect the cable, see if that is a fix. If not do a good job of cleaning the connections, including the bulb connections to make sure you have complete current flow. I know, electricity does not flow, but it is better that explaining the way electricity works. You need a ground to complete the circuit. Start with the fuse box, do you have power coming into it and through it? If so, go to where the wire comes to the lights and make sure there is power there. work your way to the end. Have fun. Best to leave the beers until after the lights are fixed.