Water in gas tank

Asked by Jun 03, 2017 at 03:35 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Extended Cab LB 4WD

98,515

If it's not too much then a bottle of gas dryer will take cr of it, but if there's a lot then the tank will have to be drained, dried, and fresh fuel put in. Plus it would be a good idea to replace the fuel filter after it put back together.

Found water in my tank one morning trying to go to work...dropped tank cleaned it new pump blowed out the lines unhooked from the spider injector, new filter, replaced spider injector, plugs, wires, distributor, crank sensor, egr valve, o2 sensor, throttle sensor...all replaced truck still hard to start and doesnt want to run give it gas and it tries to go dead help!!!!!!!!

74,515

Try a red bottle of Heet.

98,515

It sounds like you replaced everything but the fuel pressure regulator, I know I had a Tahoe that had a problem at one time and it turned out it was that, happened right after I had put on a new fuel pump.

The fuel pressure regulator is on the side of the spider injectors, it was replaced with the injectors

I'm wondering if I have brough bad parts from auto zone?!?!?!??!

98,515

Possible, it happened to me, went through 3 map sensors before I got one that worked from autozone. You may want to consider having it live data scanned just to make sure it doesn't have a sensor misread that is throwing off the computer. Sometimes if the distributor is messed with the cam and crank signals get out of sync and can cause a problem with timing, don't know if this is relevant but might be worth looking into.

Someone else also just said this to me...about the crank and cam being out of sync...how can I check this? If I take off the distributor and turn the crank the rotor button should turn at the same time right? But is this gonna tell me it's outta sync?

98,515

Bring the engine up on TDC on compression stroke cylinder one, then check the distributor to see if it is exactly on number one firing location, this must be exact for the computer to accurately control the timing advance, if not move the distributor to the correct position, just like you were setting the timing on an older model.