Can I use a manual transmission on an automatic harness for a 1997 Chevy 1500

Asked by acuna1988 Feb 25, 2020 at 10:22 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Cheyenne RWD

Can I use a manual transmission on an automatic
harness for a 1997 Chevy 1500

Yes you can you just have to take two of the wires out of the neutral safety switch on the automatic transmission connector for it and use it is the clutch pedal switch by jumping them out or putting them on a isolated switch you can use so you can start the truck and then there's two more wires I don't recall the color in this automatic transmission harness that you have to put female Spade connectors on so it will connect to the reverse light connection on the transmission and you may have to find two more wires for the speed sensor if the transmission needs that connection as well but it's not too hard if you Google it you can find it any info on it that you need I just recently did it on my 97 S10 when I swapped in a 5-speed and took out the 4 l60e that was start on the truck using the automatic transmission harness that came with the truck stop