1994 C/K 3500 interior fan makes noise for about 2min when engine starts /stops

Asked by Aug 09, 2015 at 04:56 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Cheyenne Crew Cab LB 4WD

I am writing to ask for a suggestion for repair.  my truck's interior fan has recently starting making noises as if the fan blades are striking something - but only for about two minutes and only when i start the truck and then when i turn it off.  I put my hand up behind the fan motor and i found a plastic grate with a white plastic panel lying on opt of that.  if i push up on the white plastic panel the noise stops, when i release the noise starts.

76,335

Well you know were the problem is, your going to have to investigate further. Pull out the fan motor and look at the squirrel cage for rub marks, try to see were the interference is. Also see if the squirrel cage is spinning true, sometimes they get out of whack, just take care in bending true again. Also see if there is wear in the fan motor bearing by wiggling the squirrel cage. If so, replace the fan motor, you will have to attach the original squirrel cage.

Best Answer Mark helpful

thank you; this is helpful and I will follow thru on this suggestion.