ACCELERATION BOGGING DOWN

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 02:06 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Crew Cab 4WD

ON A VERY COLD START, IT STARTS FINE, IDLES FINE, WHEN ACCELERATED IT WILL BOGG DOWN & SPIT & SPUDDERS TO THE POINT OF ALL BUT DIEING.....AFTER RUNNING FOR A FEW MINUTES IT WILL TAKE OFF AND RUN WITHOUT ANYMORE PROBLEMS UNTIL THE TRUCK IS TURNED OFF AND SITS FOR AS LITTLE AS 10 MINUTES AND IT STARTS OVER WITH BOGGING AT ACCELERATION, MAY BOGG BAD, BUT BOGGS,  AND MAY NOT SPIT / SPUDDER AT THAT TIME.  ALWAYS BOGGS NO MATER HOW MUCH ACCELERATION YOU GIVE IT......WILL NOT GO ANY FASTER, THEN IT WILL KICK IN AND TAKE OFF WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, UNTIL THE TRUCK IS TURNED OFF......
CHECKED THE FUEL PRESSURE, REPLACED DISTIBUTOR, CHECKED SENSORS, REPLACED FUEL FILTER, REPLACED FUEL PUMP.  STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.  NOW HAVING THE INJECTORS CHECKED.

16,790

Check air filter

CHANGED OUT ALSO......

16,790

Have a long story to tell but here is the short version. Had a Ford F-150 forget the year but had the same problem you are having found out what was happening after a week of head aches that the rubber gas line going to the gas tank from metal supply gas line that runs along the frame of the vehicle that rubber gas line was collapsing after running for about 5 minutes dropped gas tank low enough to watch as hose start to collapse and shut vehicle off and after another 5 minutes hose returned to its normal size. Strange but it happened. Replaced hose no problem since. May not be your problem but going by everything you have done already may not hurt to check it out.

Hey, ok.....I thought hose collapse in the back of my mind.....but......Now that I hear it, I'll check those hoses.....thanks...appreciate your suggestions. The mechanic is replacing the injectors, and since I haven't heard anything, I would guess it didn't work.....so I'll ask him to check those hoses. My fingers are "crossed" on your suggestion. Again, thanks.

Contacted the Mechanic to see if he figured out the problem my truck......., after changing the fuel injectors, Its running great now........(I hope it continues since everything has been replaced !) Its only $$$$$$$ :0 Thanks for all input.....