what would cause a 1992 chevrolet lumina z34 50 not keep its charge

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 07:37 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Lumina 2 Dr Z34 Coupe

i charges the battery up on the car and she starts ok but if i leaves it alone for a hour or
two when i goes to start it again shes dead what would cause this?

98,115

How To Perform a Parasitic Draw Test - EricTheCarGuy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0

3,190

Assuming your battery is good. And that it is charged. With everything shut off, disconnect your negative battery cable by the battery. Now touch the cable to the mounting surface a couple of times looking for any arcing going on, that will tell you if you have something drawing current or not. Wear safety glasses and kinda hold face away. Then if you do, go ahead reconnect the cable. Now move to the fuses and one by one disconnect and reconnect them looking for any arcing going on and if one does look to see what that fuse is for and that will be the offending assessory. A amp gauge or on/off stereo button, short in door/dome light switch are just a couple of my guesses.