Tell me how to fix my truck.

10

Asked by Apr 01, 2013 at 10:26 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Cheyenne Extended Cab LB HD 4WD

I have a 1995 chevy truck it's a 2500 7.4 454. It flashed codes 32 and 36 I have replaced egr, throttle positioning unite, O2 sensor, map sensor, temp sensor, ignition coil, distributor cap and rotor. It starts idles good until it gets warmed up idle rough a couple of times than it dies. I can restart it and it dies quickly. I need help im about to sell it but I love this truck and don't want to.

32 egr circuit fault ... 36 ignition system circuit error

yes. the EGR, vacuum to the egr may be a problem, butyl rubber hoses degrade, and can produce vacuum leaks....one may have been trying to activate the egr...the egr could be clobbered up with carbon as well, in any event, look at your egr valve, if you need help will try n' find a video for you. Ignition system error is pretty indestinct, but would hazard to guess that it's simply a corroded battery ground, trace the ground wire and clean off the loop that connects to the chassis, also the one that goes to the engine block...while you're at it the positive battery could use a blast from your garden hose as well~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roz6jVN7S-k

10

Ow ya forgot to mention there is no vacuum leaks tested and replaced the hoses that needed it. I already replaced the egr valve. I will have to see if there corroded battery ground.

cool.

10

looked not corroded. Ow ya one more thing forgot it idles good when in park and neutral. otherwise it dies.

18,205

If you can get it rolling will it stay running? Or will it die no matter what? Im thinking of the torque converter clutch

Ignition system circuit....cam/crank position sensors? Coil positive side control?....ignition system circuit.....bah, could you guys be a little less specific please?

65,905

An EGR valve that's stuck open will cause the engine not to idle. As a test, disconnect & plug the vacuum hose at the EGR valve. Does the engine stay running? If so, the EGR valve is getting vacuum when it shouldn't. If it still won't idle replace the ignition module. They sometimes work fine when cold but break down when hot. Same goes for ignition coils. HTH. -Jim

My engine will not turn over it acts like it's locked up but it tries to turn over .

1995 chevy 2500 pickup replaced fuel pump ran great now fuses are blowing on the ecm b

18,205

Ecm b is your fuel pump fuse