What is going on with my TRUCK ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Asked by Feb 16, 2014 at 12:04 AM about the 2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 Crew Max 5.7L

I have a 2007 Tundra Crew Max with the 5.7 V8. I drove to town and all types of lights lit up some on and some flashing. I took it to Auto zone and they recommended a local shop to hook their machine up to it and tell me what was going on. They hooked up to it and said that the alternator was not producing enough. I got a new one and replaced it, not a fun job. I still have the same situation. The skidding car light is on, the ABS light is on, the VSC OFF light flashing, the 4HI and 4 LO is flashing. Any one else have this problem or have any or any ideas how to fix?

101,695

Could also be loose or dirty battery connections. Inspect connections. If they have no more adjustment left I would replace them. Also check your negative battery connections on the frame and motor. A loose or dirty frame or motor ground can cause all sorts of weird issues. They will also make your alternator test lower than normal voltages.

10

I had a v6 2007 base model as a work truck. All the same lights came on (except 4x4 because it was 2x4) @ about 130k, @ first on 4 a bit then off 4 a while. slowly began the switch to off 4 a bit then on 4 a while. Dealer said the code meant the trans. was shoot & the vehicle should not have even been able to drive in! Did a trans. service, went away 4 a week, then never turned off again? Drove it to 205k when only a weld on the cat. separated & they decided to trade it in for a M F'n f150!! Anyway's my personal mechanic said it was probably just something in trans./ drive-train wasn't fully engaging or maybe even just a sensor trying to die? I still decided to buy a 4x4 personally despite the issue on my work truck. I know that isn't really answer but hopefully it give some info on my experience.

30

Look I work on this 9 out of 10 times you can go to the parts store get a new $6.00 gas cap and take the battery loose for 5 min reconnect and done . I'll do if for you then give you a $540.00 bill . We always say ya it was this or this or this but it was simple , look you got a toyota , there tough , if you had a ford I would really get you

60

I had the exact same thing happen to me.....2008 Tundra......removed wheels and found a rear sensor with broken wires. $133.00 from the dealer to replace the sensor and small wiring harness attached. Cheap, easy fix, thankfully.

thanks to all the responses, on my way to hang out with my son and his girlfriend and this happened, pulled over at Home Depot and disconnected battery and cleaned terminals, put back on 5 minutes later and fixed for now. Thank you.

40

2015/18/06 i had the same problem with my Tundra 2007 i had the light in my dashboard and my Tundra lost a lot of power 30 mph max. I went to the dealership in Canada and i put my Tundra on the computer and said its is the Air Pump who regulate the engine when you start and the solenoid was effect to. They said Toyota know this problem and they extend the warranty for this trouble 10 years and 240,000 km or 100,000 miles. PS sorry for my English i am French Canadian

20

This is something I have been dealing with for a year and today i finally figured it out. If you look on the inside of your front tires there is a plug that has two wires it looks like it goes to the brakes anyway some how the wires ripped although looking at it i would of never known. But after removing and checking continuity in the line i found my problem. My 4hi vsc abs skid lights all went away from a line that only has two wires. It could be either side i would just check them both

20

The line looks special and i guess Toyota will charge you 133 dollars for each side even though regular speaker wire seems to do the trick just fine

70

I had the same problem with 4HI/4LO, ABS, VSC all flashing... Looked under the truck and in front of the rear axle behind the gas tank. The wiring harness was damaged by a rock or some critter.

20

Thanks guys thus helped me a lot and saved tons of cash. I registered to thank you all and post here since it was so helpful. Had the same issues, vsc, skid, 4hi, abs were lit on mine. Checkedall the cables and found the driver side wheel sensor wire cut. Took about 4 minutes to splice and everything sent away. 4 wheel drive works now and no more lights on the dash.

20

Photo

20

I unplug the battier to clean it. Now everytime i stop in a stop sign or lights my truck turns off..Do i need to reset it.

One of your wheel sensors just paid 300 to fix my 2007 tundra

80

So I just had this happen. Out of nowhere I got the Traction Control, VCS Off, and Check Engine lights. When driving the truck wouldnt downshift to accelerate. I thought the Trans was going out but mine is a 2007 with only 60k miles. I looked under the hood and noticed that my brake fluid was low. Added some fluid and then disconnected the battery to reset the cpu and all is well, power is back. I think there was some type of computer generated limp mode or something. Just thought id share as this thread was very helpful to me. Thanks!

Thank you Thatcher350...New gas cap seems to have done the job!!!

10

I pulled my positive battery lead on my 2008 Tundra 4x4 for about 20 mins and all the lights went away, Thanks for the suggestions saved myself a few hundred dollars, and i need it after BREXIT!

20

I have a 2008 Tundra CrewMax and have battled the same problem for a couple of years now. After multiple trips to different shops and absolutely no help from Toyota, I started poking around myself. She had close to 100K on her so I decided to change the plugs and happened upon the long awaited answer!! Three of my plugs had oil all over them, and not just a little. I ran it over to my local "go to" repair shop and they replaced the leaking gaskets and put a new coil and plugs in and the problem has never returned. Ive put over 5K on her since the repair without a problem. Finally!!!!!! :) Check your plugs my friends. A foweled plug will trigger the "bells and whistles" and we all now thats a bad deal with winter coming and the 4X4 will not function with everything flashing ! Let me know if this helps. I now love my truck again:) Disconnecting the battery only delays the warning lights for a short period of time and will not fix the problem. Believe me!!