MY CAR WON'T START

10

Asked by Sep 14, 2014 at 06:36 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan RWD

3days ago my girlfriend said my
car was not wanted to go when
she pressed on the gas but ass
she lets off it will go, and it cuts
off but luckily she was down the
street and I push the car home an
it had started up but won't stay
on and now it won't turn back on

76,515

Check the fuel pump,

10

I have to drop my gas tank

76,515

That or check the fuel pressure at rail,

10

where is it and what should I look for

76,515

Check the filter first,then check the pump.

76,515

You will need one of these to do the pressure test.

80,425

Once you're sure there's gas in the tank (if it's reading 1/4 tank or less on the gauge it's probably empty) get a hammer. No joke. Get a hammer and whack the bottom center of the gas tank a few times. If it starts, you need a fuel pump. BTW the gas gauges on these cars are notorious for reading higher than what's really in the tank. My '93 Caprice, which I bought brand new became that way as time went by. HTH. -Jim

10

Ok if my battery keeps going dead butI wont turn over

80,425

If your battery is more than 4 years old, replace it. If not, charge it up and load test it. If it passes, make sure you have all the accessories off when you park the car each day. Particularly lights, both interior and exterior. The young man who bought my '93 Caprice reported to me that the third brake light was staying on after he shut off the car. Remember, this car does not have battery run down protection. So be sure everything is off. If you don't use the car a lot disconnect the negative (-) battery cable. Like if the car will sit for 2 weeks at a time or longer. HTH. -Jim

20

My car won't start it just clicks but when I get a jump it still doesn't turn over and I pump the gas at the same time someone help me get my baby started please

50

Help I droved and parked my car and want anything wrong with it at that time went back to crank it about 3-4 months later it want start I poured some gas in carb it fired right up but want stay Crunk changed the fuel pump but still not getting gas in carb help please

10

I need help to my 94 Caprice wont start I change the fuel regulator fuelpump of a lot of things but still no start did anyone find out whats wrong