1992 Camaro Z/28 Pros and Cons?

Asked by Jun 17, 2014 at 01:14 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Question type: General

Just wondering the pros and cons of this generation of z/28

3 Answers

16,025

Some lines to consider. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." "One man's junk is another man's treasure." If you like the looks, 95% of the attraction and understand it is not the new 2014 in power and handling, the other 5%, and it is in acceptable condition, get it. Top speed is for the 350 engine is around 145 to 155 MPH and it was considered top notch in it's day because of the sleek design. Some are listed at $2000.00 but excellent conditioned ones are going for near 10 grand. Depending on the work needed and your ability to do the work or have it done, you'll enjoy the car.

115,175

>my opinion these where the best looking ever. If you looking for one to buy.(original no moded) The things to look for are 350 tpi engine.(lots of power)-- but the 305 tpi engines are very fast too. Five speed manual trans. (I prefer the auto version but the manual is better for flexing you muscles) rear disks brakes(rear ends with rear disk brakes are posi trac. Rear ends). Don't settle for anything else. I settled for drum brakes and one wheel spin outs are not cool looking. Cons -- rough ride(I an old fart). I love mine but rough on the back. Carb versions are less powerful than the tpi models. Drum brakes means one wheel spin outs. Door pins need replacing in most cases cause these are real heavy doors. Pros out way the cons in my book.

16,025

If the car is a real fixer-upper, get an idea what it will take to get it safe to be on the road and trustworthy to drive. Subtract that from what you feel it is worth, and make the offer. If the engine and tranny is shot, great turn key crate engines and rebuilt or even new transmissions will be around 19 grand by the time Everything is hooked up and your on the road. Brakes are a must. Good rebuilt or new radiator is a cheap insurance policy for the new or rebuilt motor. Go EFI if you can, a lot less tune problems. Paint is what makes it really pop along with good rims. Between 3 and 5 grand there for non-show car paint.

Your Answer

Camaro

Looking for a Used Camaro in your area?

CarGurus has 30,878 nationwide Camaro listings starting at $2,495.

ZIP:

Chevrolet Camaro Experts

  • #1
    dandyoun
    Reputation
    1,760
  • #2
    carGrrl
    Reputation
    1,200
  • #3
    Tom Demyan
    Reputation
    1,090
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Mustang
591 Great Deals out of 36,395 listings starting at $1,200
Used Chevrolet Corvette
179 Great Deals out of 19,858 listings starting at $2,490
Used Ford F-150
2,603 Great Deals out of 198,107 listings starting at $1,300
Used BMW 3 Series
1,079 Great Deals out of 33,742 listings starting at $1,000
Used Jeep Wrangler
345 Great Deals out of 17,445 listings starting at $2,995
Used Pontiac Firebird
3 Great Deals out of 769 listings starting at $2,500
Used Mercedes-Benz C-Class
728 Great Deals out of 28,305 listings starting at $1,000
Used Honda Accord
1,032 Great Deals out of 59,785 listings starting at $1,099
Used GMC Sierra 1500
1,037 Great Deals out of 66,421 listings starting at $2,495
Used Jeep Grand Cherokee
859 Great Deals out of 70,630 listings starting at $700

Used Cars For Sale

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 For Sale
38 listings starting at $41,980
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 For Sale
11 listings starting at $39,974

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.