tires

Asked by Sep 20, 2007 at 09:32 AM about the 1992 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr STD Sedan

i have  a'92 roadmaster that i bought 5 yrs ago with 45000 original  miles and one owner. i live in upstate ny and i want to buy 4 new tires that will give me great ride and handle well in the snow. i have several mountain roads that i use to great to work, my driveway also can be a challenge. i have only been stuck in the snow once,the car goes on sheer 5.7 guts.i would like to buy a set of tires, (all-season) but with the best traction. i am willing if needed to buy snow tires for the winter,i just want the best traction. i love this car and just want it to have the edge. alsht is still any  ideas on the abs,the light is on and one mechanic said, dont worry about it just like the old brake systems. well he is not going to touch it.i have the brakes done but the light is still on thanks for your time.shirley

2,705

Snow tires won't give you a great ride, but will give you good traction. I recommend Michelin X PLUS radials. Excellent ride, supposed to have good snow traction (I live in southern Va.- not much snow). If you are a Sam's club member or go to Wal-Mart, they are doing a rebate on 4 Michelin tires until the end of Sept. I just got them on my Chrysler Town and Country and they are warranted for 80,000 miles!

4,875

I like Continental ContiProContact. I have driven them through an absolute downpour for 80 miles, in the snow and on the dry. Wet and dry traction is some of the best I've ever seen. I'm in Michigan here with a lot of snow, but I drove a different car for most of the winter. They seemed decent the few times that I drove the car on the ridiculously slippery snow packed roads.

4,875

It doesn't look like they make those tires in your size according to tirerack.com In that case, I really like the looks and features on the Goodyear Triple Tread tires, but they are kind of pricey. I have learned in the past though that your safety (and the value of your car) are worth a few more dollars than having s**ty tires.

85

P215/75R15 snow tires are the best for your car as they are tall and narrower for cutting through snow.... 4 winter tires are mandatory on a Roadmaster, I had a set of Bridgestone Blizzak tires (now discontinued) on mine this past fall and it went nearly everywhere and stopped and steered great... there was no comparison to the all seasons I have on it for the summer. I drove past people where were stuck every day and they were amazed.