Replacement of Serpentine belt 98 Supercharger.

1,185

Asked by Mar 08, 2015 at 10:39 AM about the 1998 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

I discovered the vehicle's supercharger's serpentine belt had come off (intact) and I had to cut it in order to remove. Now I am not able to replace a new belt. Question, is it necessary to remove the motor mount /bolt  in order to replace the belt? Total different from the 95 Riviera if so.. Thanks.

1,185

Okay fellow posters I figured it out>>>Yes one has to lower the engine to replace the serpentine belts on the 96-99 supercharger engines. Start by removing the pass. side tire placing the vehicle on stands...pull back the plastic flap and place a jack beneath the engine, remove the bolt from lower part of the motor mount, lower the engine until you are able to see/get to a star shaped bolt located near the harmonic balancer and crank sensor plug. It may be necessary to first remove the 18 mm nut or use a 8mm on the star shape bolt to remove the bolt from a sleeve. This sleeve may not come completely out, so cock/tilt it enough so in order to get the belt pass it. Good Luck>>>

10

are their any other ways, i tried to do this and i stripped the motor mount bolt and the bottom bolt is blocked by the frame of the body