i think i need to replace the supercharger but im not sure

Asked by Jun 17, 2012 at 09:26 AM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Coupe FWD

I recently replaced the engine of my 1995 riviera...the car has problems getting power to get up hills and
exhilarating..(I had the fuel pump replaced no change)...when I push on the gas it vibrates really bad 98 percent of
the time...the car has died on me a couple times and then when I come back to it later it will start right up ( the
times it has died I had taken it on the highway) recently I have been driving the car to work everyday 8 miles away
from my house and haven't had any issues with it dying (I don't have ti go over 45 miles an hour to my job) what's
canthis problem mean? Does it soukd like the supercharger needs to be replaced?

95

I had the same problems. As far as the supercharger; I replaced mine as the first thing. It sounds like there is rockes in it. Not a bad repair just finding one under $1000 is the trick. There is a place in california that sells them with a 6 month warranty for under $500 which includes a core charge. I think it was called superchargers plus. That helped but did not fix the problem. For me the final thing was a bad ignition coil. There are 3 and one was barely working. Now if I could just fix the gas gauge. Good luck!

8,015

ignition module seems to be the problem.. replace the module and coil and i'm thinking it should run well again. happy motoring!

I have the same problem and to this day my Poor Car sits in my garage, 1300 for new one pretty steep for a car part. But I don't want to sell it I'm going to find the above mention company that can invest 500 into.