92 Buick riviera temperature gauge went all the way up when I turned on air conditioner then heard whistling noise. Turned it off let it sit.back to normal and drove home.

Asked by Jun 23, 2015 at 09:07 AM about the 1992 Buick Riviera STD Coupe

Checked it this morning. Turned on air conditioner and few minutes whistling
noise again. Radiator is full. Fan is not turning.could it be thermostat. Or fan.I
don't know please help

90,955

The whistling could have been the A/C compressor belt slipping due to high head pressures caused by the cooling fan not turning on when the A/C was command was on. Get the fans checked out, make sure they are turning on and off as they should.

18,230

I agree with tennisshoes when your A.C is off only one fan comes but when you turn on your A.C both fans come on so it sounds like the fan that comes on when the A.C is turned on may be going bad.