Where is the crank sensor located?

5

Asked by Jan 31, 2013 at 09:02 AM about the 1990 Buick Riviera STD Coupe

My Riviera broke down on me the day after christmas while I was driving it. I had got it towed back to the house and found out i wasn't getting any spark. So I replaced the coil pack and still no spark. I found out later it could be the crank sensor. Can anybody just tell me where is it at so I can get it replaced. Thanks

click on it ....it's 7

and

1,215

Remove the pass side tire and remove the harmonic balancer there you will find the part that's been described by an earlier poster.

Alvin, are we talking about the same engine? I sent Anthony a long instruction in a PM...the image, the drawing, is the back, opposite end of the crank from the harmonic balancer, notice no belts. If Anthony is mistaken about what engine he has then you are correct, but I went from the information I had at the time, I do not claim to be right all the time, only usually (just kidding). But seriously, you could be right I have not heard back from Anthony The "it's 7" was from another drawing that had numbered arrows pointing to parts with a legend, but I changed the image to that one the 7 is moot

1,215

David I obviously made a mistake by not noticing the year of the vehicle. So you could be and probably is correct with your information. Thanks for bring this to my attention.

1,215

David I did some research...does this veh have a harmonic balancer or a pulley instead or both?