What do the two switches under the headlight switch do on a 92 Blazer (Full Size)

35

Asked by Feb 07, 2008 at 05:39 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2-Door 4WD

Just purchased this thing and I love it, but there are two switches under the headlamp switch that I can't figure out.  One is a slider that moves to the right and then returns, the other is a rocker switch. Neither is labeled anymore, whatever was written there has long ago faded into non-exsistance, and there is no owners manual. I think they may have something to do with cruise functions, but I'm not sure. What are they and what are they supposed to operate?

7,545

The cruise functios are on your "blinker" stalk.

7,545

I do beleive this is the rear wiper control. If not can you email a pic to me? I have a bunch of pics and I can compare them.

35

Well they're not the rear wiper control, that's on the opposite (right side of the insturment cluster)panel under the heater control. These are on the left side,near the driver's door. I don't have a digital camera (Oldman, remember) so I don't have a way to email a picture.

35

Wait a minute, here's someone elses dash.

35

Messed that up, didn't I? let's try again. The switches are under the headlight switch near the bottom.

7,545

The one on the left is for the "Hatch release" and the other is for the "Dome" light. I have a good pic but I cant seem to get it to up load. Hope this helps.

7,545

I posted the pic in the blazer pic section.

Best Answer Mark helpful
7,545

I got it to work. wrong file type... my bad.

35

Thanx...helps a lot the hatch release doesn't seem to work, I'll have to check out the circuit this spring, and now the dome lights come on when my door opens...thanx. i have an owners manual being delivered from an ebay site, that'll help me out till I get the switches replaced...most of the well used ones are minus any labels at all. thanks again Oldman

7,545

Anytime my friend. Enjoy the truck.

the switch to the far left is the rear glass release and the one one the right is for automatic headlights to come on at dark

I need that part, I have a sports blazer just like that one, is that part for sale and who do I contact?