Vehical starts and shifts but will not move.

Asked by Oct 23, 2012 at 06:03 AM about the 1990 Buick Reatta 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have a 1990 Buick Reatta that I just recived.  The vehical starts, and I can shift the transmission into all gears. I can hear and feel it kick when shifted. The problem is that it won't go any where when you put it into any of the gears. it reves up but nothing. Just wondering what could be wrong and where I should start looking?

34,685

Something with the trans, have you checked the fluid? Could be a bad trans pump or bad internals (solenoids included) or low fluid. The flex plate may not be connected to the torque converter. Does it move in park? A busted CV axle could do this but the vehicle will roll in park like its in neutral.