engine will not start

170

Asked by Feb 06, 2012 at 08:27 PM about the 1990 Buick Reatta 2 Dr STD Coupe

Engine will not start, no click, and headlights stay on

faulty starter and distributor?your battery isnt drained yet so the lights still stay on, but the distributor is the one that regulates the electric current so check it out for damage or burnt wiring...it will drain your battery if you keep on cranking the ignition...

170

The engine will not turn over at all, not even with a jump. Nothing happens when I turn the key to start position. The battery is fully charged and only 4 mo. old.

but you still have to check your starter and distributor to be sure... if its not the problem, it might be the spark plugs would be busted... or worse, it could be an internals issue, like for example the crank's timing belt would be loose...

170

The engine has to turn over in order for timing or spark to become an issue. THE ENGINE WILL NOT TURN OVER WHEN I TURN SWITCH TO START POSITION. I can't see the starter solenoid well enough to give it a bump. I'm going to drop starter today and try to see if it will turn over with a jumper between Batt and motor terminals.

85

I have a 1990 with a great engine. I am selling parts as I cannot find ABS brake system for it. Let me know if you are interested.