will a 1990 Reatta convertible be a classic in 2015

Asked by Jul 05, 2013 at 07:26 PM about the 1990 Buick Reatta 2 Dr STD Convertible

Will a 1990 Reatta be worth more as a classic in 2015

22,685

The Reatta has many things going for it- special production with hand finished operations,special paint, and exclusivity: only 2500 convertibles were made over the course of 2 years. But it has not had a lot of success in the marketplace. That's why so few were built. They were not very popular; and they still aren't. The instrument panel is not the best idea, and the looks are only so-so. And it's a Buick. Not the biggest of collectible names. There are some classic Buicks, but this is not one of them. To have any value, the car would have to be a low- mile, mint condition example; something like 4,000 miles on the clock might get somebody excited at an auction.

26,115

Good Lord....I was curious about what you meant about the Reatta's instrument panel (since I've only seen one from the outside)...The ENTIRE thing is electronic/digital? Horrible idea....I've heard of horror stories about the ones in 80's Nissan 300Z's..can only imagine what an issue it was in a Buick! Still, I thought it was a nice looking car for the time...a nice change from some of the boring econoboxes of the 90's.

22,685

some potentially nice cars were messed up by the digital dash- the Cadillac Allante, Corvette C4- these are ideas that come and go- like pop-up headlights- then it is such a relief to have a set of nice gauges- the Allante will never be a classic either- messed up by the digital dash then the Northstar engine- GM has a history of ALMOST getting it right- Racer, let's hope the C7 is done right, through and through

45

I live in New Jersey and I just got "QQ PLATES" for mu 1990 Reatta Convertible. It is now registered as an Antique. There are no more inspections required and no more registration fees. I believe the QQ One-Time Plates Fee was about $40.00. In NJ you can register as a Classic Car with "CC PLATES" after 20 years old.