I have gas in the oil on a 3.1 multi port engine

Curtis Morin

Asked by Jun 16, 2013 at 08:28 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Beretta GT

overpressure on the fuel rail, check your fuel pressure regulator~

Most likely cause is leaking injectors. Do you know how much gas is in the oil? Don't attempt to start it with gas in the oil, I've seen plenty of oil pans and valve covers blown off due to gas in the oil. I would recommend having a shop repair this problem. The only thing you can do is drain the oil and replace the oil filter, refill it to specs and drive it immediately to a shop. Or just have it towed.

Also forgot to mention that the pressure regulator could have went bad and dumping fuel right through the vacuum line that is attached to it.

ouch. tennisshoes, I hadn't realized you were ever into it that deep~....I'm from 93-96....like a crusty old skeleton out here...just really glad when I can put someone on the right track...you know how is that pressure gonna get to a destructive point....by destroying itself and the vacuum supply as well....that's about as bad as it gets!~

these are sequentially triggered pulses to the injectors, not pressurize one at a time like the Jetronic does~...with a clunky fuel distributor....works...is low tech, but Porsche stopped using them in 1988...so could not have been all that...tho my Quantum, my, Fiat, my Nissan and Dasher all had them, so there is something to be said for this lo-tech, high tech 26 parts of madness~

if the pulses were weak, fuel would dribble...a bit~