passenger side doors how do I get them unlocked

20

Asked by Dec 12, 2015 at 12:45 AM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

The doors will not u lock with key or wireless key windows work locks move
and u can hear them try to work

32,645

Either a bad lock actuator or the connecting rod has come off the actuator. Not a hard fix but it does mean opening up the door. Try Googling 'how to replace door lock actuator' for your make/model.

I agree with you Ken but she says 'doors' plural. (sorry for referring to you in third person pam) but are you hearing the mechanism in just one door or all 4?

20

All 4 doors

Hope Ken comes back. It's just that caught my attention. He knows more that I do about GM

32,645

Wait, so you see/hear the locks trying to work by key and remote fob? If the lock is not opening with a key in the door, it can only mean the locking rod has come undone. I've seen that happen in one, even two doors but can't think of it happening in all 4 doors at one time, unless someone tried to break into your car with a slimjim. I think you'll have to remove a door panel and look inside to see just what is going on. You have power to the doors so you say, and lack of power would not prevent a door lock from opening with a key physically in the lock. Door lock actuators on GM have a 77,000 life cycle, so it's possible they've all failed in the same time frame. I'd have to have more info to make a better guess at the problem.