im having some problems with my 99 buick park ave ultra having problems starting

Asked by Aug 04, 2014 at 05:22 PM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

every once in a while my buick will have troubles staring. i turn the key to turn the engine on and it just cranks and cranks, i do this over and over again waiting about 30-60 seconds in between. then eventually it starts up, the battery is new the alternator is only a few years old. battery cables are clean. its just really frustrating because it will do this at random times. im thinking to believe that it is the starter any help is great thanks.

72,045

Im thinking igintion switch it self.

36,825

OR fuel filter.

705

Since it cranks fine the starter motor is OK. I think your fuel pump is about to go. GM fuel pumps get about 130,000 miles then they just quit. I've had to have several replaced. Get your fuel pressure tested just to be sure.

Thanks everyone, i have come to think it may be the fuel pump, I'm going to check my spark plugs to see if they are fouled out because i bought the car used with 120000 on it and now have 150ish and i don't know really if out had a tune up or not, plus I'm going to go get the pressure checked. Ill update with what i have after i check these two things