Why am I blowing hot air out the drivers side and cold out of the pass side?

Asked by Aug 08, 2010 at 02:29 PM about the 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

1998 Buick Park Ave Ultra

425

a lot of times the heater valve can cause this. Check the power to the valve and the that the valve is working. Also might need to check a/c system charge.

250

It's the blend door it might b stuck u can move it manually. When u cut the a/c on its behind the glove box

195

the blend switch itself may have recieved a shot of soda pop or ice tea. This never happens?????

270

I HAVE 1997 PARKAVE , BLOWING WARM AIR OUT OF THE DRIVER SIDE, COLD AIR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE, TURN TO FLOOR VENT ON AND LOOK UP IN THE AIR HOLE , TAKE A COAT HANGER AND CUT IT SO YOU CAN POKE THE WIRE ABOUT 10 " UP IN THE HEATER BOX AND YOU WILL RUN INTO ANOTHER AIR FLAP THAT WAS STICKING ON MINE , EVEN IF YOU CANT GET IT COMPLETLY UN STUCK YOU CAN MOVE THE DOOR MANUALLY ,,,,HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE TOOK ME A WHILE TO FIGURE OUT THAT ONE ,,,,,,,,,NEIL ,,,ROCHESTER .MN.

80

Has anyone ever took one apart and seen if they do break

880

100

If you have separate temperature switches for each side, then the side that is hot, has a bad temperature blend door motor. You will have to replace that temperature door motor.

100

Hey everyone, I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM IN MY 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix. In my car, the driver's side was only blowing like normal temperature air (not HOT and not COLD, while the passenger side was ice cold. So, I read so many postings on a zillion websites, watched youtube videos, and thought for sure the problem was the actuator on the driver's side. If you don't know what the actuator is, it basically controls whether to open the 'hot air' or 'cold air' into that side of the vents. Google search it, or youtube it, and you'll learn about it. I figured it must be kinda left open or something. Anyways, I replaced the driver's side actuator, which was a NIGHTMARE to get to....but anyways, I did it, and it did NOT solve the problem. Bottom line, I decided to buy a can of AC Pro to recharge the system. The can, with the gauge and hose was like $40. Honestly, I didn't think it'd work. I pretty much figured that since the passenger side vents blew ICE COLD, the whole system should be fine, and something else has to be not allowing the cold air to blow out the driver's side....I thought maybe the temperature controls or something weren't working. But..................... IT WORKED!!! The driver's side vents are ICE COLD again!!!! Amazing! a Anyways, that was my fix. Maybe it'll work for you.

90

Driver side was blowing hot and passenger's side was really cold, so I read up, looked up alot of different threads, alot were talking about mode door actuator and going inside the dash, I was all ready to jump in, but i decided to check the basics, I decided to recover the ac and it was low. I filled it up to full spec and it was blowing cold. I found out the ac compressor has an external leak, leaking my freon out.

Thanx

10

i can gaurantee you it's not a can of freon that will fix this. it is actually the blend door actuator that has failed and will need to be replaced. not a job for the timid or weekend warrior.

I have a Buick Ultra and had the entire A/C replaced and it was blowing warm out of the drivers side. I took it in and they added more Freon and the temp came right down. If it is just a little low you will get cold on the pass side and warm on drivers.