98 buick park ave
The starter itself could be bad and drawing to much juice, a weak battery can cause this, bad ground connections or bad connections in general. also the hot wire could be corroded inside and not enough wire diameter causing resistance.
Start by checking your battery cables at the battery....are they clean with no corrosion? Then check the connection at the starter. If there is no improvement, go with a replacement starter. You have a 18 year old car and unless you are the original owner, you never know what some owner or mechanic might have modified, damaged or broke during that 18 years....
Search Buick Park Avenue Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Buick Park Avenue Experts