I changed the factory stereo in my park avenue and since then I have had problems with my a/c

Asked by Jun 05, 2012 at 11:27 PM about the 1998 Buick Park Avenue FWD

My a/c has been stuck on defrost and the floor for the last 2 weeks I have changed the climate control center, actuators and the programmer none of these have solved the problem. I was told that many people have experienced some dash issues after having a commercial stereo installed in these vehicles I need help

If you have the manual A/C setup. I suspect when the new stereo was installed one of the vacuum lines near the install was removed or damaged or the vaccum switch/actuator was disconnected. The vacuum allows the blend doors to open and close. If you have the electronic A/C, then your mode actuator is not working. You'll have to remove radio again to see what the issue is.